Our Select Cool-Season Lawn Solution
New Garden Select is passionate about nurturing your landscape from the roots up. The Select Biological Lawn Care Program is nature’s nourishing solution for your turf. This biologically enhanced program combines essential grass plant nutrients and the highest quality weed controls. Formulated to naturally enrich this region’s soil, it improves soil health in turn improving root and plant health.
This program has many benefits to your turf including healthier and deeper root systems, improved drought tolerance and less water usage, and efficient nutrient uptake.
From the initial soil analysis, our professional team will custom formulate and blend the biologically enhanced material best suited for your particular area. Trained to handle the hard clay soil and the special challenges it presents, New Garden Select technicians will keep track of your lawn and will inspect it regularly for any problems. Select the best, expect the best.
Cool-Season Lawns (Fescue, bluegrass and blends)
The seven applications that make up the Select program are:
- Spring I - A balanced, slow-release fertilizer containing a blend of nitrogen, potassium and phosphorus, plus a biologically-based blend of micronutrients from natural sources for soil energy and conditioning. Weed control and crabgrass preventative are also applied to minimize unsightly lawn weeds.
- Spring II - A balanced, slow-release fertilizer containing a blend of nitrogen, potassium and phosphorus plus our biologically-based micronutrient blend for soil energy and conditioning. Weed control and crabgrass preventative are also applied.
- Summer I - A slow-release fertilizer containing a blend of nitrogen and iron. We also apply our biologically-based micronutrient blend to enhance soil energy and conditioning. Existing weeds are spot treated with a post-herbicide.
- Summer II - A mineralization application of calcium, phosphorus, and other minerals in the form of crushed, natural rock releases minerals slowly and naturally to provide nutrients, build soil structure, and achieve the proper pH to optimize soil ecology and grass growth. Weeds are spot sprayed as needed.
- Fall I - A high-analysis, slow-release fertilizer to promote healthy grass and root growth. This is a safe, slow-release fertilizer that is designed to not burn a lawn. This application is designed to help keep your lawn fresh and green through the fall.
- Fall II - A balanced, slow-release fertilizer with nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, and iron. We also apply our biologically-based micronutrient blend for soil energy and conditioning. The blend has been specially formulated to promote healthy grass by stimulating root growth through the winter, as well as enhancing winter hardiness. Where needed, a herbicide is applied to control broadleaf weeds.
- Winterizer - The cold weather months are the time of the year when energy is stored in the root system of your grass in preparation for spring's renewed growth. A biologically enhanced treatment including a nitrogen source also helps with spring green-up and promotes root development. This will allow you to see better density and color in your lawn.